The Norwich Business School has always supported its students in finding employment after graduation, with the help of careers and employability. However, it 2013 the NBS wanted to go one step further, and so the graduate Trainee Management Scheme was born. The GTMS is an initiative set up by the Business School to allow NBS third year undergraduates to take part in an assessment day ran here on campus, with the opportunity to apply for job roles exclusively advertised to the GTMS… and speaking as a 2013 business management graduate from the UEA, what a great opportunity it is!!
Now in its second year after a successful pilot, where we placed 8 graduates with the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the GTMS is looking to build off of last year and place more graduates into more companies. We are currently speaking to a number of employers both in Norwich and in London to try and offer you more opportunities!
But whilst we are working on that, you should be working on application! So here are a few dates for you to remember;
1) 15th January – GTMS Presentation
– The GTMS team is providing a presentation on the 15th to talk about the ins and outs of the GTMS. We also have some of the graduates who were successfully placed last year coming in to help offer an insight into what they are doing now and answer any questions you have.
2) 20th January – Application Deadline
– we are asking all applicants to fill out an application form, which can be found on our website http://business.uea.ac.uk/gtms, alongside a personal statement. All applications should be sent to GTMS@uea.ac.uk
3) 31st January – Sales Presentation
– having the ability to sell is a skill that will serve you well for the rest of your professional lives, so alongside a spokesperson from Enterprise Rent-A-Car, we are running an informal presentation to discuss the importance of being able to sell.
4) 3rd & 4th February – Assessment Day
– We will be running our assessment day on the 3rd and 4th of February here in the Thomas Paine. This will provide you with the opportunity to experience what an assessment day feels like as well as getting feedback from careers on how you have done.
The GTMS is a fantastic chance for NBS undergraduates to take the right first step into their careers. And even if you are unsure about what sector you want to go into, do come along to our presentation as you may be interested in what we offer.
Posted by: Cameron Shepherd